We are celebrating Volunteer Appreciation Month a little differently this year. Because we are unable to see our volunteers at the shelter on a regular basis, we nevertheless want to ensure that everyone knows how much we deeply miss them! Fortunately, we have had an outstanding number of foster volunteers who are caring for RASKC animals in their homes during this health crisis.
RASKC wants to express tremendous thanks and enormous appreciation to a wide range of volunteers-
- Volunteers who provide loving care for foster animals into their homes and who often care for them until the animals are adopted.
- Volunteers who dedicate their time toward helping the dogs and cats at the shelter and partner stores by providing love care for them.
- Volunteers who help staff with the never-ending laundry, dishes, and pet-food prep.
- Volunteers who wrap surgical instruments and who do other important work in the vet clinic.
- Volunteers who provide crucial leadership, scheduling and other important office work.
- Volunteers who take photographs and videos, who write about pets’ personalities, and who post this information on social media.
- Volunteers who transport animals to partner stores, specialty vet clinics, and who retrieve donations from a variety of locations.
- Volunteers who make blankets, beds, toys, condo curtains, and a lot of other needed items.
- Volunteers who go throughout King County and beyond to engage with community members at events.
- Volunteers that are the BEST people on earth!!!
We love RASKC volunteers, working together with staff, to accomplish our mission: “Helping People and Pets.”
RASKC is so grateful for the dedication, skill, and so many hours that our volunteers contribute. We could not care for the approximately 5,000 animals each year without you!
If you are interested in joining the RASKC Volunteer team, we’d love to have you! Visit our RASKC Volunteer page to learn more.