Say hello to Jeremiah, our Pet of the Week! This sweet boy was originally adopted from RASKC in 2018, but unfortunately his human could no longer keep him. Jeremiah is a shy kitty who likes to do his own thing – including finding the best hiding spots! He is starting to warm up to people, […]
Meet Liza & Clara! RASKC is very pleased to honor Liza Tewell and her adult daughter Clara Koch, who have been fostering our animals every year for the past 13 years or so. So far they have contributed more than 6,000 foster hours. Foster Care Coordinator Lori Mason said, “Liza and Clara are both very sweet and love the puppies!”Continue reading
To the graduating class of 2020, especially to our RASKC community of volunteers, we celebrate this moment with you and offer heartfelt congratulations. For the rest of the month, we will be proudly featuring our future leaders who have voluntarily stepped up to help RASKC in so many ways — from the compassion of helping pets, to providing excellent service to our community and more…Thank you for all you do for people and pets!Continue reading
- RASKC volunteer role: Kirkland Cat-Care Team since 2014!; awarded RASKC’s Exceptional Youth recognition.
- Graduating from: Juanita High School (Kirkland).
- Future plans: To attend Lewis & Clark College in Oregon and to continue with my art work.
- RASKC volunteer role: Fostering cats and kittens with his family since 2006.
- Graduating from: Mount Rainier High School (Des Moines).
- Future plans: To find a job, save money, then move to South Dakota for a gap year. Then attend college with the goal of becoming a psychologist.
- RASKC volunteer roles: Cat Meet & Greet Team since 2017; fostering animals with his family since 2018; and Early Morning Cat Crew since 2019.
- Graduating from: High school through home schooling.
- Future plans: To continue attending Green River College and to leverage interests in Japanese and programming.
- RASKC volunteer role: Fostering animals with her family since September 2019.
- Graduating from Auburn High School.
- Future plans: To study zoology in college, because conservation is important to me. Activism in human relations will be talking a role in my future as well.