- RASKC volunteer role: Kirkland Cat-Care Team from 2018- 2019.
- Graduating from: The Beacon School (New York City).
- Future plans: To study political science at Scripps College in California.
- RASKC volunteer roles: Cat Meet & Greet volunteer from 2015- present; served also on RASKC’s Covington Cat-Care Team in 2014.
- Graduating from: Kentridge High School.
- Future plans: To complete prerequisites at Bellevue College, then transfer to Washington State University to double major in zoology and conservation biology. Goals: to work in wildlife rehabilitation or as a zoologist.
Meet Marc! RASKC is super happy to honor Marc Whitely who- during normal times- contributes regular weekly shifts on three teams at the shelter- as a “red” Dog Walker, on the Cat Meet & Greet Team, and on the Cat Area Stray Team. Marc also serves as a mentor on two of these teams. And he […]
For our first Video blog edition, we were excited to interview Harrison Pro, a 15 year-old Life Scout with Troop 600, who recently completed an important milestone for his Eagle Scout service project which he dedicated to helping the dogs of RASKC.
Check out the full video interview below as well as the pictures that detail his amazing journey on this blog post!
Crossposted from Seattle Humane’s Blog During this unprecedented time in history, when so many people are struggling to make ends meet, Seattle Humane has joined an amazing regional effort to ensure pet owners are able to keep their animals happy and healthy by addressing food insecurity in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the […]
COVID-19 UPDATE: Pet adoptions temporarily suspended Following Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation, all adoptions at our Kent Adoption Center are temporarily suspended. Essential services will continue, as shown below. For more information about the COVID-19 outbreak, visit kingcounty.gov/covid. Our number one priority at RASKC continues to be focused on delivering our mission of “Helping People […]
A sweet, six-year-old orange tabby, Rudolph was the first “Pet of the Week” for 2020. But now, the lucky family who adopts Rudolph won’t need to pay the adoption fee. Starting this month, Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) is waiving the adoption fee for the Pet of the Week. Fees range from $75 […]
Cross-posted from Pet Alliance of WA news blog February 5, 2019 — The Pet Alliance of Washington Board is pleased to announce the election of Melanie Rushforth, executive director of Northwest Spay and Neuter Center; Lisa Feder, vice president and director of shelter operations of the Humane Society for Southwest Washington, Dr. Gene Mueller, manager of […]