Meet Rich! RASKC is honored to name Richard Bradley and his family as Outstanding New Volunteers. Since they began fostering in 2019, Rich, spouse Kathy, and son Beckett have contributed about 1,800 hours. “I’m 52 years old and live near Lake Meridian in Kent,” said Rich. “I enjoy hiking and video games. Sometimes we go […]
Meet Jacob! RASKC bestows Exceptional Youth recognition to Jacob Driscoll with tremendous pleasure. He and his mom have been volunteering on regular shifts on our Tukwila Petco Cat-Care Team since 2015. Jacob and Carrie have trained many new volunteers during the past several years. A resident of Des Moines, Jacob is a senior at Mount […]
To the graduating class of 2020, especially to our RASKC community of volunteers, we celebrate this moment with you and offer heartfelt congratulations. For the rest of the month, we will be proudly featuring our future leaders who have voluntarily stepped up to help RASKC in so many ways — from the compassion of helping pets, to providing excellent service to our community and more…Thank you for all you do for people and pets!
- RASKC volunteer role: Kirkland Cat-Care Team since 2014!; awarded RASKC’s Exceptional Youth recognition.
- Graduating from: Juanita High School (Kirkland).
- Future plans: To attend Lewis & Clark College in Oregon and to continue with my art work.
- RASKC volunteer role: Fostering cats and kittens with his family since 2006.
- Graduating from: Mount Rainier High School (Des Moines).
- Future plans: To find a job, save money, then move to South Dakota for a gap year. Then attend college with the goal of becoming a psychologist.
- RASKC volunteer roles: Cat Meet & Greet Team since 2017; fostering animals with his family since 2018; and Early Morning Cat Crew since 2019.
- Graduating from: High school through home schooling.
- Future plans: To continue attending Green River College and to leverage interests in Japanese and programming.
- RASKC volunteer role: Fostering animals with her family since September 2019.
- Graduating from Auburn High School.
- Future plans: To study zoology in college, because conservation is important to me. Activism in human relations will be talking a role in my future as well.